Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SAFETY IN NUMBERS!

SAFETY IN NUMBERS! 13 years 7 months ago #3822

I got brave yesterday and brought my mandolin to the Bluegrass Class and realized that my sense of security quickly faded. When I take my guitar all I have to do when I don't recognize a tune is look at some other guitar player and figure out the chords...also as soon as a guitar player takes the lead I can figure out what I'm supposed to be playing if the lead is given to me....but with the mandolin that's not the case.....:ohmy: The leads for the mandolin usually are "off" the regular beat and I find that most mandolin players play totally different leads....so I sweated buckets last night...but to my amazement, it was fun...stressfull and scary too, but hey, I survived.....and I may even bring it again next week... ;) (Watch out, the fiddle may be next! :lol: )
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:SAFETY IN NUMBERS! 13 years 7 months ago #3823

Tigerpaws you are truely an inspiration. Besides the fun(and seriousness to do it right) you exude when you play the guitar, you also play other instruments!... having the open-heartedness to play other instruments. That's lay'n yurself out there!:cheer: I'm wantn to have made this weeks' class(just to see that mandolin again!) cause Fretmentor always has somethin new every week to raise the bar!.! Can you play the G scale on it?... two octaves?:woohoo:
  • george
  • Gold Boarder

Re:SAFETY IN NUMBERS! 13 years 7 months ago #3825

Actually, I find the scales on the mandolin a lot easier than on the guitar!!! ;)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder

Re:SAFETY IN NUMBERS! 13 years 7 months ago #3831

Well ...your version of what ever you played sounded awsome to me...from one mando player to another. It sounded like you may have picked up some of Kmando's tremelo techniques which is inspiring to me...;)

If you you were sweatin buckets...why didn't you turn the air down?
  • dcone
  • Gold Boarder

Re:SAFETY IN NUMBERS! 13 years 7 months ago #3840

EVERYTHING is easier on the mando than the guitar!
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds