Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: last minute changes

last minute changes 15 years 3 months ago #423

I found the last minute changes to the performance groups to be interesting! Starting and stopping is still a bit of a challenge. I think KISS works. I find myself enjoying this performance thing more each week. I can feel my shell beginning to crack. It's a great group!
  • buzzart410
  • Gold Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:last minute changes 15 years 3 months ago #434

It's good to be challenged in new ways, although, I for one, usually resist initially......but then realize that that's the only way to progress beyond my present abilities !!
  • Gogogal
  • Expert Boarder

Re:last minute changes 15 years 3 months ago #435

Yeah, it's great, except i've only learned 1 song! (barely):laugh: Listen, you guys are pros---how much time do you put into the songs? I know it can be different for different players...should i practice a different song each night? Boil em Cabbage is way too fast for me, i'm inclined to start learning this one. I usually TRY to practice an hour a night.I'm thinking if i take a different song each day, then maybe it will "look" like i have a clue:huh: And this different G chord fingering is a mental block!:dry:
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:last minute changes 15 years 3 months ago #436

I enjoyed the change-up also after the initial "what???". You're right about the added challenge. It's a good push in the right direction. Being able to improvise, I think, makes it easier to play with other people, which is what I hope to do more often.
Keep Pickin'
  • espian
  • Expert Boarder

Re:last minute changes 15 years 3 months ago #439

No pro here. I'm a struggling want a be.Every class is a challenge. My fingers don't always like to do what I want them to do while trying to learn a new song from TABs. It usualy takes me two weeks to get comfortable with a new song practicing 5 days a week, one week for leed and one for rythem. Then, I still can't play it correctly in class. oh well, progress not perfection.
  • screendude
  • Gold Boarder

Re:last minute changes 15 years 3 months ago #442

Dave2311, I've only been doing this for a year. I found that for me it works better and I retain more if I do 30 minute sessions twice a day...and sometimes I'll even do shorter sessions but 3 times a day....repetition for me works best! Keep plucking! :)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Last Edit: 15 years 3 months ago by Tigerpaws. Reason: left out his name
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds