Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Performing With Others

Re:Drooling and Drool remover 15 years 2 months ago #568

Maybe the drooling is a man thing! I don't drool, however I find that my playing comes along with it's own percussion....I am sure you all can hear it (my heart). The problem is that it doesn't really keep the right rhythm...it just starts picking up speed and sometimes even skips beats...so it's not helping out with my timing...becomes very annoying....but like the others, I just keep picking and hope that "it" doesn't drown out what the other players are trying to do. :blush:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Drooling and Drool remover 15 years 2 months ago #569

Hey Keith, I like your sign! Pretty witty! Keith, mandolin player = Kmando! COOL!
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:Performing With Others 15 years 2 months ago #570

THanks for sharing Larry, I was really shocked to find out that post was from you at the end. I've always thought you had great technical skill up there and have never thought you look nervous. I would say concentrate on your breathing while playing, it may take your mind off the moment as well as help you relax. Try to focus on your breathing in rhythm with your playing a few times and see what the outcome is.

I had a great time playing last week and have really enjoyed the class much more since we moved into the new location. While bluegrass has never been a favorite of mine, I certainly enjoy the playing together aspect and laying down good rhythm for the leads to dance on. My greatest weakness is the lack of discipline while at home to learn any of the leads. I know I can do them, but it obviously takes proper practice time to learn them and I've been a slacker. However, the joy I get from playing rhythm really does trump all that. I wonder if we couldn't get a good jam session over a fire pit sometime!

When in doubt, slow down, breath, remember to smile, and the rest is just small stuff.
:silly:
  • giantsota
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds