Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Simple Gifts Tabs Are A Little Different

Simple Gifts Tabs Are A Little Different 15 years 2 months ago #516

Simple Gifts......Last evening in structuring our performance of Simple Gifts, our group encountered substantial confusion in how the song was arranged. The mandolin and banjo players agreed on one version, the guitar players on another. Unfortunately, we discovered this too late and weren't too successful in getting the confusion eliminated "on the fly" so to speak.
I had a chance to look at all the Tabs this morning and now it is clear why there was confusion...........the banjo and mandolin tabs agree with each other, but they are different from the guitar tabs. The endings are different and guitars are to repeat part 2 (as most songs do) whereas banjo and mandolin does not........so the banjo and mandolin players tend to "walk" on top of the guitar player's break in his/her "repeat part 2", as they begin their breaks 8 measures too soon. I have asked Dave to clarify the arrangements so we're on the same page next week. Hope this helps.

Jim Joyce
  • JimJoyce
  • Junior Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Simple Gifts Tabs Are A Little Different 15 years 2 months ago #517

There are no problems with the tabs.

The issue is simply that the guitar player does not have an alternate ending on Part I. The guitar player repeats and uses the same ending the second time as well for Part I.

The only issue is that Part II is designated as "repeat" for guitar but not for banjo and mandolin. All players should play the same as a group (either repeating Part II or not repeating Part II).

Hope this helps.
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds