Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Allison Brown Quartet Performance West Palm Beach

Allison Brown Quartet Performance West Palm Beach 13 years 5 months ago #4318

For those of you who were not there, the Allison Brown Quartet put on a wonderful show in a small intimate setting in West Palm Beach. I personally consider Allison as one of the best banjo players in the world today. She is definitely one of my favorites. So, some of you sadly missed an opportunity to see one of the best in the business.

For those who weren't present, I will be sharing with you photos and a story in Fretmentor's blog shortly. So stay tuned.
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Allison Brown Quartet Performance West Palm Beach 13 years 5 months ago #4321

The Allison Brown Quartet was wonderful. She also played several of her guitar composititons which were great but I am partial to the banjo. I was not aware what a good guitarist she is in addition to her fantastic banjo.

Everyone in the quartet is great. The piano player is especially good and I really got an appreciation for his playing.

When asked if she had ever played for such an intimate audience she said she had not so this was a really unique opportunity. I have been following her schedule and this was the first time in South Florida that I am aware of in many many years.

I could go on but this was a wonderful experience with superior musicianship,in a wonderful small venue with lots of opportunity to chat with the musicians.
  • brilind

Re:Allison Brown Quartet Performance West Palm Beach 13 years 5 months ago #4327

So so sad that I was not in Florida.... know I would have loved this show.
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Allison Brown Quartet Performance West Palm Beach 13 years 5 months ago #4329

Thanks to the FRETMENTOR for keeping us in touch with some of the great music going on the in the area. Allison Brown and company were great.

Is there any truth to the rumor that the FRETMENTOR may start negotiations to buy the "house" where this house concert took place? It would be a really nice venue for FAME (Fretmentor Academy of Music and Entertainment) and associated workshops, classes and lessons.
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked

Re:Allison Brown Quartet Performance West Palm Beach 13 years 5 months ago #4333

I'm just sorry that I didn't get the notice until this morning. I would have loved to attend.:(
  • screendude
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Allison Brown Quartet Performance West Palm Beach 13 years 5 months ago #4335

Your welcome Kmando. Glad you had a good time and received my invitation on time and were able to make the show.

Yes .. Fretmentor studios on the water would be nice, but you likely wouldn't like the new rates implemented for class to pay the rent.
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50
Last Edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Administrator. Reason: typo
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds