Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Best ""nudge" for practicing...

Best ""nudge" for practicing... 14 years 9 months ago #1481

I have found that the best motivator at my house for practicing is hearing the other one playing.....Everytime I pick up "Mandy" the mando, Sam seems to want to join in. Now I find that when I hear him with the banjo that I gave him for our anniversary I want to join in. And my nephews that are with us for about 15 days and have guitars and a piano at home but never touch them now want to "learn" because they see Sam and me "having fun". Daniel has learned a few chords on the banjo and Thomas has learned them on the guitar....Pretty Cool! Guess my sister will be pleasantly surprised! (I did think the neighbors were going to call the cops last night as we were making so much "music" (racket) :woohoo:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Best ""nudge" for practicing... 14 years 9 months ago #1482

Man, you have a good deal there. Take advantage of that! I wish i had someone to play with at home. A neighbor of mine who lives around the corner from me is a player, been wanting to play with him, but time is always a factor. By the time i get home, do whatever chore while it's still light, and the mosquitoes force me inside, my practice doesn't happen till after dark. But you're right, if i heard someone playing an instrument, it would be hard not to join in. (and Sam is very good)
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Best ""nudge" for practicing... 14 years 9 months ago #1485

...and Sam being "very good" creates a problem for me :) Usually our "practices together" end in me going AGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! SLOW DOWN....PLAY BASS NOTE....DON'T GO OFF ON YOUR OWN....STOP MAKING UP TUNES....DO THINGS MY WAY ....Get the picture???? :)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:Best ""nudge" for practicing... 14 years 9 months ago #1491

He likes to improvise, he may get creative sparks as he's playing, gets into a groove, and soon he's sprinting off!
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Best ""nudge" for practicing... 14 years 8 months ago #1535

That's a big plus to have someone around that wants to play too.:)
  • george
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Best ""nudge" for practicing... 14 years 5 months ago #2053

I find the CDs and the on-line songs Fretmentor offers are the best way to practice. Playing along not only covers my mistakes, it keeps me on a slow pace. It's less discouraging than playing solo, when you realize how bad you really are. I practice between 8 and 9PM when there isn't much on TV.
  • brozcom
  • Fresh Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds