Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: OFF KEY!!!!

Re:OFF KEY!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #3167

Since you work so cheaply, can I get you to tune my instruments also? After all, free market economy dictates that if prices are low, increased volume improves the bottom line. Check with your Stewart. Oh, and no amount of hot air seams to warm up the cold room.B)
  • screendude
  • Gold Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:OFF KEY!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #3169

• Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave
Last Edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Administrator.

Re:OFF KEY!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #3183

I was always interested in why everything was tuned to a frequency of 440 Hz. Here's a little description off wikipedia I found:

A440 or Concert A or Middle A is the 440 Hz tone that serves as the standard for musical pitch. A440 is the musical note A above middle C (C4). The term literally means that the A above Middle C = 440 vibrations per second.

Prior to the standardization on 440 Hz, many countries and organizations followed the 435 Hz recommendation the Austrian government made in 1885. The American music industry reached their own informal compromise of 440 Hz in 1926, and used it in instrument manufacturing. In 1936, the American Standards Association recommended that the A above middle C be tuned to 440 Hz.[1] This standard was taken up by the International Organization for Standardization in 1955 (and was reaffirmed by them in 1975) as ISO 16 [2]. Although still not universally accepted, since then it has served as the audio frequency reference for the calibration of pianos, violins, and other musical instruments.

more on: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_concert_pitch
  • Zak54
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:OFF KEY!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #3187

Live and learn! Thanks!!! This was all news to me....so I guess I've learned quite a bit from the simple mistake made with my tuner... (which by the way has way too many buttons...will be using my other one from now on... :P )
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:OFF KEY!!!! 13 years 11 months ago #3195

I use a "virtual" piano to help me tune my fiddle ......Sounds like your tuners are revolting...in more ways than one!;)
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds