Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to all of it.

New to all of it. 14 years 1 week ago #3021

What I mean is that I'm new to this forum, new to guitar playing and new to the Blue Grass class that I just started taking in Jupiter, FL. At first Fretmentor, which is giving this class, said that it might be intimidating for new guys but to hang in there and it will all come together. I have to say that it's not really intimidating because I look forward to playing as "well" as my class mates do one day, so actually I want to thank all the guys and gals that are there for inspiring me to continue with this class, it is so cool to share this passion with others.
  • TonyM
  • Fresh Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:New to all of it. 14 years 1 week ago #3022

It gets better and easier... Hang in there!
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder

Re:New to all of it. 14 years 1 week ago #3023

Most of us have been in your shoes.....it was all new to me 2 years ago....I can still hear my heart pounding from those days....AND I still get nervous but I no longer "care" :P The fun keeps me coming back...WELCOME!
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:New to all of it. 14 years 1 week ago #3024

Tonym, welcome to class. I was introduced to this class when i took fretmentor's guitar 1 adult ed class 2 years ago. You get less nervous when you get to know everyone, at least that's the experience i had. There are some good players in there, ask questions, they will answer them, and you will learn from them as well. Keep signing up every term,i like to call it the perpetual class, because i never stop learning. It's alot of fun, and your playing will improve.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:New to all of it. 14 years 6 days ago #3026

You'll find that you're in with a great group of people. As you get to know everyone, and as you learn more and more of the songs, it will become even more fun. And don't worry about the sure-to-happen mess-ups as they happen to all of us (I'm sure you've noticed ----just listen to us)--you'll keep getting better and better...Welcome aboard.
  • palkan22
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6

Re:New to all of it. 14 years 4 days ago #3028

It's always great having new people join the class. I hope you feel welcome (all other newbies too) and have as much fun as all of us do. Having been attending for a couple years myself I believe I can safely say that EVERYONE gets better as a result of this class.
  • espian
  • Expert Boarder
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds