Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: big bad guitar

big bad guitar 13 years 10 months ago #3425

when I don't practice the more I don't practice.
The guitar gets bigger and madder sitting in the corner glaring at me even while I sleep. I don't know why I get into this rut. It is Not a good place to be. I miss it horribly
and I know Guitar misses me to. When I pick her up we are both happy and hang out for hours. What is up with that??? I know quilt is a big part of it. Has quilt ever served any function other than destruction and the ruination of something that should be joyful? Blaa I worry soo much that I am just not good enough. Boy that is a big waste of time and energy.
Has any one come up with an effective way to fight these demons?
  • deafstrum
  • Expert Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:big bad guitar 13 years 10 months ago #3428

Tell them to get off your shoulder and stop whispering in your ear...Deafstrum.....(turn your deaf ear).
  • Gogogal
  • Expert Boarder

Re:big bad guitar 13 years 10 months ago #3430

Guilt is the product of knowing from the inside you did something wrong, and needs to be corrected. I would say that you have, likely unknowingly and not on purpose, replaced practice with something else. I know this from experience. This week, i didn't practice because i replaced it with excessive yard work, house projects, and working on race cars. My problem is that my hobbies sometimes clash. One night, i got run off by the bugs, plopped myself on the couch, and watched TV. I could have picked up my guitar, i didn't, and felt guilty. I felt guilty because i really want to learn how to play it, i know learning comes from practice and diligence. The next question would logically be, how bad do i want it?
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:big bad guitar 13 years 10 months ago #3435

Deafstrum, the first step is the hardest....It's just like running....once I'm out of the house I truly enjoy the run, but it is terribly hard at times taking that first step. What I do with my practicing I tell myself (if I don't feel like practicing) to just pick it up for five minutes...so I don't lose it all....and then I'm playing and actually forget about the 5 minutes....yep, I'm lying to myself but it works....the 5 minutes usually become an hour! :)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:big bad guitar 13 years 10 months ago #3436

Sounds like an excellent IDEA!!!!!!
I like it:)
  • deafstrum
  • Expert Boarder

Re:big bad guitar 13 years 9 months ago #3496

Hey Deafstrum, you should try Tigerpaws suggestion of just picking the guitar up for just 5 minutes or so and maybe try playing around with a new techinque like a simple forward roll for fingerstyle picking. This style has a cool sound. Hope you get out of this slump.:unsure:
  • oscar
  • Junior Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds